This is a simple tip for today, but it is one that we here at Dog and Bone gets asked about fairly often: iPhone Teleconferencing. You'll be pleased to know it's very easy. Most carriers allow up to five participants in a single conference.
- Make a call as you would normally, or have someone call you.
- Tap Add Call. This will put the first call on hold.
- It will bring up your Contacts List. Tap on the person you want to add. You can also use the Keypad to dial the number manually.
- Once the new call is connected, you may add them to a conference by tapping Merge Call.
- You may add more people by repeating steps 2-4.
Once the conference is established it is also possible to speak exclusively with single people in the conference. This is called a Private Conversation. Once the conference is running, there will be a list of participants at the top of the screen, with an arrow to the right. Tapping the arrow will bring up a list of every participant. You may then either hang up on individual participants, or speak to them privately.
You may also switch between participants to change Private Conversations, without returning to conference mode.
To return to conference mode, simply tap Merge Call again.