This week's tip shows you how to check your data usage on a Telstra iPhone, which is very handy if you're an avid mobile data user, and at risk of going over your quota. 'Thou shalt not exceed thy data allowance' is pretty much the 11th Commandment, and divine retribution usually comes in the form of a staggeringly big mobile bill. For some reason Telstra doesn't advertise this feature...
Anyway, here goes:
- Turn off Wi-Fi on your iPhone. To do this, go to Settings -> Wi-Fi -> then slide it to 'OFF'
- Go back to Settings -> Phone -> Telstra Services -> BigPond Mobile for iPhone
- This should load up the Bigpond website app, and there should be button for 'My Data Usage'.
- You will be shown how much data you have used this billing cycle (both as a percentage and as a total), as well as some details on where your billing cycle falls. There are also details on all of your data sessions (5 per page).
- You can also enable or disable a 'Usage Notice'. Enabling this will mean that an SMS is automatically sent to you when your data usage exceeds 80% of your monthly quota. Very useful.
- Once you're finished, don't forget to turn Wi-Fi back on (assuming you want to).
Hope that helps!