This week's tip shows you how to check your mobile data usage on a Telstra iPhone.
This is particularly useful if you're an avid mobile data user, especially given the exciting new industry trend for shrinking data allowances.
'Thou shalt not exceed thy data allowance' is pretty much the 11th Commandment, with divine retribution usually arriving in the form of a staggering mobile bill.
- Turn off Wi-Fi on your iPhone. To do this, go to Settings -> Wi-Fi -> then switch it to 'OFF'
- Go back to Settings -> Phone -> Telstra Services -> BigPond Mobile for iPhone
- This will load up the mobile Bigpond website in Safari. Tap the 'MY' tab, then tap 'My Data Usage'.
- You will be shown how much data you have used this billing cycle (both as a percentage and as a total), as well as some details on where your billing cycle falls. There are also details on all of your data sessions (5 per page).
- Once you're finished, don't forget to turn Wi-Fi back on (assuming you want to).
At step 4., you can also enable or disable a 'Usage Notice'. Enabling this will mean that either an SMS or email is automatically sent to you when your data usage exceeds 50%, 85% and 100% of your monthly quota. This is quite useful, although we must warn that this data is not real-time (and can actually lag by as much as 48 hours, which seriously limits its immediate use).
This information can also be accessed by the Telstra 24x7 iPhone app, available here. This app requires you to create a user account and log in.