This is an update to the previous article outlining how to check your monthly data usage, originally for iPhone users on Telstra.This updated method works for any mobile phone capable of browsing the internet, and is very handy if like many users you are prone to chewing through a lot of data without realising it.
- Turn off Wi-Fi on your phone. For example on an iPhone, go to Settings -> Wi-Fi -> then slide it to 'OFF'
- Open your preferred browser, and go to m.bigpond.com. This should take you to the Bigpond mobile website (which is unmetered).
- Select the 'My' tab -> My Data Usage.
- You will be shown how much data you have used this billing cycle (both as a percentage and as a total), as well as some details on where your billing cycle falls. There are also details on all of your data sessions (5 per page).
- You can also enable or disable a 'Usage Notice'. Enabling this will mean that an SMS is automatically sent to you when your data usage exceeds 80% of your monthly quota. Very useful.
- Once you're finished, don't forget to turn Wi-Fi back on (assuming you want to).
Hopefully this helps to stay on top of your monthly data usage.